From Casey Samson, Samson Properties #1 Agent
- 40% of listed homes expire or are withdrawn unsold.
- Companies don’t sell homes, Agents do!
- Pricing the home right is Rule #1.
- Rule #2 is: don’t forget Rule #1!
- Poor pricing or inexperienced agents can cost a seller 5%-8% of the eventual sales price.
- Buyers are in the 30s and 40s. Homes must appeal to these buyers and marketing must include social media.
- The Internet is the #1 source for buyers. If the buyer comes directly to the listing agent, sellers can save more. Check out my internet marketing.
- Open houses work- We sold 5 out of 8 homes at the open house between Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2016. Open houses are the #2 source of buyers and provide invaluable feedback.
- Spring market lasts from January 15-May 15. February is the #1 month to sell, followed closely by January and March.
- Leverage is vital to a successful sale. Correct pricing keeps the leverage in the hands of the seller.
- Save on Commission- With the Internet and technology, there is no need for sellers to pay more than 4.5% commission for standard listings.
- Markets vary- Market conditions can change without notice, so sellers and agents need to understand the reality and react.
When you decide that you would like to buy or sell a home in the Northern Virginia, please call me direct at 703-508-2535 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Samson Properties #1 agent, out of over 1200 Samson agents. This article “12 Things 2017 Sellers Need to Know” was written by Casey Samson, please do not copy the content without permission.